2. Right now we're doing fine with wearing heavy long-sleeved tops and long, warm pants, snuggling beneath blankets on the couch, and turning on the space heater.
3. I baked the first apple pie of the season.
4. Baking warms up the house.
5. We have a gas furnace. It would be more efficient if the majority of the heater vents weren't next to windows. What kind of design is that?
6. I need to renew my driver's license very soon. So, today, I checked out what I needed to do. Make an appointment so I don't have to wait forever in line, I thought. Ha! The next appointment is in January. Way too late.
7. I'll apply for the Real ID, too. That one may be a hoot to navigate.
8. Someone screwed up my name royally on my birth certificate. My last name is misspelled. Instead of showing Mama's maiden surname as my middle name, the certificate has Gusman. Mama's middle name before she married …