1. The Husband made pancakes. They were the big Y, a.k.a YummY!
2. Molly the Cat kept the Husband company while he cooked. They were so darn cute.
3. Instead of strictly following the instructions on the box, the Husband used 1 cup of water instead of half-a-cup. He liked that the pancakes were less dense. I added, "And more!"
4. Whenever we talk about his functional cooking skills, The Husband likes to say that he can make tasty scrambled eggs. I'm still waiting after 23 years. In the meanwhile, I'm very happy with his pancakes. Mmmm.
5. I cut several big branches off the Messy Tree, formerly known as the Miracle Tree. Long story short, I was afraid certain branches might fall on the roof should the wind pick up.
6. We've been having a steady rain the last 24 hours or so, from sweet and gentle plops to fast and furious patter. I love it all!
7. What shall I do after I publish this post? Bring in all the boxes marked XMAS Decorations in the garage? Open the attic door and see what the Mama hoarded? Start sewing the curtains for the upstairs hallway? Or, none of the above?
8. That's a picture of Gertie the Roller-skating Giraffe. Her cousin is Ghandi, who was featured on the blog earlier this year.
9. Lots of breaking news this morning. Glee! / Cohen lied. / trump? notrump card?
10. I love the sound of rain that reminds me of bacon sizzling.
11. Something for me to look up: Who figured out the breast stroke in swimming? Also, the frog kick? I just stretched my arms out in those two motions. That felt great! as Tony the Tiger might say.
12. I fool myself into thinking that I'm moving around better on my knees, but all it means is that after two years of learning I have no cartilage in my knees, I'm adapting. The question this chicken (bwak, bwak) needs to answer: Do I want to give up bicycling, hiking, climbing ladders, and wandering about forever?
13. Another thing I loved about this morning—looking out our front window as I ate my yummy pancakes with the Husband, the Best Pancake Chef in this household. Molly the Cat, I'm sure, if she tried, would be Second Best.
Today I'm hanging out at these memes and linky parties. Please check them out. Thank you much, Lovely Hosts!