2. Mama called the icy stuff snow. "There was lots of snow on Marie's roof," she'd say as I stumbled into the kitchen to fix breakfast. She'd be almost done with her big bowl of different cereals mixed together.
3. Now it's me or the Husband that opens the kitchen curtains on chilly mornings to see the icy roof next door. "Lots of snow."
4. Flutter, flutter, flutter. A whole lot of tiny birds flew out of the tree on our front yard. I watched them all fly as one up into the sky, circle about, then take off to the northeast.
5. Then I noticed the light of the rising sun. Wowza!
6. And, then I wondered why everything was drippy wet. I looked up at the roof next door. Frost!
7. For once I was wise and went back into the house to fetch a shawl. And, my camera. Of course. You never know when the fish may be out.
8. This afternoon I asked the Husband, "What kind of guy are you?" Said he, "The…