2. Here's another thing I'm proud about doing today. I successfully pulled a curly dock weed, more than 60 inches tall, from the middle of a young butterfly bush. Poor guy. The two plants' roots were stuck together, but not entwined, so I was able to pry them apart. Hopefully the young butterfly bush was not too traumatized.
3. I need to go out and check the seeds I planted last week. They may need a drink of water.
4. But, first I need to go cook our main meal for us. I do miss not cooking.
5. Here I am again. The seeds got their sips of water. I saw two sunflower sprouts. Yippieeee.
6. After marinating locally produced grass-fed beef stew in a concoction of spices, vinegar, oil, and whatever else for a few hours, I sliced the meat thinly and put the meat back into the marinade to sit for another hour. It was definitely the trick to make the stew meat tender and yummy.
7. We ate the stir-fried beef with sliced cucumbers and toaster-oven roasted potato fries. I also served Romaine lettuce with which we wrapped the beef with a smidgen of Gochujang, Korean chili paste. I was almost transported to eating in a Korean restaurant. Mmmmmm.
8. Come August, Molly the pinky-nosed (wild) Cat will be 10 years old! She locked eyes with us eight years and two months ago at a cat adoption fair. Another couple was interested in her, but they went home to think about it. Thankfully, Molly's foster mom said that since we were ready to take Molly then and there, we could have her.
9. Did you know that rose beads are made from dried rose petals? Guess what I'm going to do.
10. Did you also know that rosaries can be made from rose beads? And, that the word rosary comes from rosarium, the Latin word for rose garden? I didn't know either. Maybe if the catechism nun had told me those details once upon a time, I may have been inspired to learn the rosary.
11. When Mama's Spirit moved onward into the Universe four years ago, I lost my oomph to take photos. Yesterday, I felt a bit of the oomph and when it was over I had clicked 111 shots in the backyard. On this page, I present nine of them. Lucky you, I stopped there. :-)
12. Unless I talk ourselves out of it, tomorrow is essential shopping day for us. I must make a shopping list. Maybe I'll score a bag of organic flour.
13. I've been writing haiku and senryu lately.
An infinity, /possibilities each day, /every second.
I'm feeling ambitious today linking up with Thursday 13, I Like Thursday, and All Seasons. If you have a chance, check out the memes.
Take care out there!