- Joe Biden sworn in as President of the United States!
- Kamala Harris sworn in as Vice President of the United States!
- Lady Gaga singing a heart-felt The Star Spangled Banner.
- President Joe Biden's inaugural speech. "...This is our historic moment of crisis and challenge, and unity is the path forward. And, we must meet this moment as the United States of America. If we do that, I guarantee you, we will not fail. We have never, ever, ever failed in America when we have acted together. And so today, at this time and in this place, let us start afresh. All of us...."
- And, then there's Vice President's remarks at the Celebration of America. She describes "American Aspiration," the determination of the American people. "...In everyone, everywhere who is building a better life for themselves, their families, and their communities. This, too, is American Aspiration. This is what President Joe Biden has called upon us to summon now. The courage to see beyond crisis. To do what is hard. To do what is good. To unite. To believe in ourselves. Believe in our country. Believe in what we can do—together...."
- The President signed executive orders to create a national COVID-19 team and a nationwide plan.
- Ethics is important again. All executive agency appointees in the president's administration must sign an ethics pledge.
- Student loan payments are on pause.
- The DACA program has been preserved.
- Construction on the southern border wall is being halted to review the construction projects, terminate or repurpose contracts, and plan for redirecting funds.
- President Biden believes the climate crisis is real. He signed an executive order to review all environmental rules, regulations, policies, and so forth that was put in place during the last administration. This order also revoked the permit for Keystone XL pipeline and rescinded trump's executive order to allow oil and gas drilling in the Arctic refuge. A lot more, too. Here's the link for this executive order.
- Our country has rejoined the World Health Organization and the Paris Climate Agreement.
- President Biden signed 17 positive Executive Orders in all yesterday. Seems to me we're back on the path of being the great America that we are.
And, our new cordless, battery operated reciprocating saw came in the mail yesterday. I tell you, what a wonderful, amazing day it was! Whooo-hooo!
Off to Thursday 13 with my list I go. Please join me.