1. I'm hoping we won't need to turn on the furnace until December 1.
2. Right now we're doing fine with wearing heavy long-sleeved tops and long, warm pants, snuggling beneath blankets on the couch, and turning on the space heater.
3. I baked the first apple pie of the season.
4. Baking warms up the house.
5. We have a gas furnace. It would be more efficient if the majority of the heater vents weren't next to windows. What kind of design is that?
6. I need to renew my driver's license very soon. So, today, I checked out what I needed to do. Make an appointment so I don't have to wait forever in line, I thought. Ha! The next appointment is in January. Way too late.
7. I'll apply for the Real ID, too. That one may be a hoot to navigate.
8. Someone screwed up my name royally on my birth certificate. My last name is misspelled. Instead of showing Mama's maiden surname as my middle name, the certificate has Gusman. Mama's middle name before she married was DeGuzman, which was her mom's maiden surname. Gusman is not even close.
9. Here's something I painted that's not a landscape.
10. We watched the House Intelligence Committee inquiry. Today, after the final interview, the Husband and I watched The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Ackroyd as we ate a pizza and drank a beer.
11. Congresswoman Jackie Spier said Fiona Hill spoke truth and was steely. That, I think, also described all the witnesses. Even Sondland with his squirrellyness. They're all heroes for speaking up.
12. I thought all U.S. ambassadors are political appointments, meaning figureheads who show up, smile, and razzmatazz the American fight song while assistants and assistants to the assistants do the real work. I'm glad to know that's not the case.
13. Was it over an hour ago that the Husband and I talked about having something to eat?
I'll be heading over to Thursday 13 now. Come join me.