1. I hear rain beneath the jazz channel playing on the TV downstairs.
2. The ornamental pear tree is dancing with white flowers.
3. I had to give in this afternoon and change from shorts to long pants.
4. Jamie Raskin!
5. I'm verily impressed with the House Impeachment Managers. They delivered their points, facts, and proof succinctly, comprehensively, and in easy to understand terms. How well will Trump's lawyers convince us Trump's alternative facts are true?
6. Our doctor's office, a provider of the COVID-19 vaccine in our county, called an hour ago to say our age group is now up for the shots. The Husband and I have an appointment for next week.
7. This morning, I drove around town with four huge bags of potting soil sitting in Eliza Does-a-lot's back seat. There used to be five, but the other day I asked the Husband to pull out a bag so I could plant the potatoes. We bought the soil on Monday.
8. I made broccoli and pine nuts mac & cheese for today's main meal. I'm getting the hang of making white sauce.
9. Running errands, doing chores, and making meals. I'm fortunate I have that to do, can do it, and enjoy getting it done.
10. We watched a James Bond movie this afternoon. Quantam Solace. A curious title. We have no idea what it means. Until last year, neither the Husband nor I had ever seen a James Bond movie. So, now we're watching them out of sequence. A good thing? I don't know. We have yet to see Roger Moore as Bond. It's interesting to see how the fashions, music, and sensibilities evolve over the decade.
11.45eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer3 q <<That was a contribution by Missy Molly the pinky-nosed (wilde) Cat.
12. I've gone one week without coffee. In order to do a detox diet to find out what foods trigger my eczema, I need to first go a week without coffee and another week without sweets. The latter is the tough one.
13. "When Tom Paine wrote Common Sense, the pamphlet that launched the American Revolution, he said that common sense really meant two different things. One, common sense is the understanding that we all have without advanced learning and education. Common sense is the sense accessible to everybody. Common sense is also the sense that we all have in common as a community...." ..." said Jamie Raskin, head House Impeachment Manager, in his closing remarks before the Senate today.
Check out what other bloggers have to say for Thursday 13.