1. Name 5 people you admire and why.
• Daddy. Family was important for him. He took his responsibilities seriously. He made sure his children got the opportunities for a good life.
• Mama was resolute, stoical, full of love and cheeriness, but oh so sad. Also full of spirit, spit, and vinegar, Mama didn't let her misery keep her down. She had more than her share, including living through war and losing two children.
• The Husband. My gosh. I'm not an easy person to live with.
• Winifred, my mentor, my writing partner, my friend. She took a chance on me (#6). Winifred was an amazing, gifted, and giving person who taught me how to develop and create educational materials that respect and teach the learners.
• Kathy, a friend from grammar school days. I love her humor, her wit, her intelligence. For years, she went back and forth, several times a year to visit her pare…