I've a lot of stuff on my desk. Who hasn't, right? Here are 13 things on my desk that I double like, no, make that triple, quadruple like.
1. Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl action figure. She was a gift from the Husband, along with Woody and his horse one Christmas or birthday.
2. My tarnished sterling silver baby cup. I put paper clips and whatever else in it.
3. A coffee mug from Calavera Coffee. That's the specialty coffee shop in town owned and run by a kind-hearted and determined young man. He recently moved into his own store front. May he have the success he wants and more.
4. The Kanger survival multi-tool. The size of a credit card, this stainless steel thing has a knife, a sharpening tool, scissors, and a magnifying glass. It also has the ability to file fingernails, fasten flathead screws, measure things, and open cans and bottles. I think the Husband gave it to me to carry in my purse, but I could be wrong.
5. A solar calculator from the early 1980s. This was Mama's. The numerals are big, very easy to see.
6. Revlon lipstick. It was Mama's, of course. The lipstick was barely used, but its case, oh, so, elegant. I found it in a coin purse in Mama's purse. In her much later years, Mama wore clear lip gloss. (Gee I wonder if her lips sunburned like mine do.) But she still liked to carry lipstick when she went out. You never know when you'll want a hit of color to the lips.
7. A wooden perfume bottle with Bulgaria and a rose above it carved on one side. There may be two in the house, and, if there is, then, one belonged to Mama and the other to the Husband's parents.
8. A barely used art gum eraser.
9. A coin purse. Mama made it out of goat hide when she was a young thing.
10. A 12-inch ruler. Remember those?
11. A wooden flute. Every now and then I like to make random musical sounds.
12. A small framed photo of the handsome dude aka the Husband.
13. A junk journal template for punching holes in a hard cover book spine. I made it. Me! It's good to know that I can still pull it together when I want or must.
Looks like I miscounted again. The dandelion paperweight is the 14th item in the photo above. It was a gift from the Husband's dad, a sweet and thoughtful man I'm glad I met.