1. What words convey the sounds of walnut shells ricochetting?
2. Crack. Obviously.
3. Zing. A shell flies into the air.
4. Zingg. A shell soars far.
5. Ping. A shell ricochets on something.
6. Thump. A shell hits something.
7. Tinkkk. A shell vibrates on a surface.
8. Crack. Thump. The shell hit a chair.
9. Crack. Zing. Ping. Tinkkk. The shell ricocheted off the glass tabletop onto the floor.
10. Crack. Ping. Zingg. Thump. Tinkkk. The shell bounced off a chair and hit the wall.
11. Too bad we didn't have goggles. Across the table, the Husband shielded his eyes while he read on his iPad.
12. Could anyone intentionally hit someone with a walnut shell?
13. "A blue ribbon walnut cracker," said the Husband.
Check out Thursday 13 for more lists of 13.