This week, Sunday Stealing features “what if” questions. Those are always fun. Thanks, Bev.
2. If you could spend one night alone with anyone in the world who is currently alive, whom would you select?
What are we doing? If it’s being intimate, then the Husband. Conversing through the night? The Husband or any one of my woman friends.
3. If you could spend one night alone with anyone in history, whom would you choose?
There’s nobody in history I want to sleep with either. To converse with, that’s a tough one. I would like to spend time with all of my grandparents, whom I never met.
4. If you could physically transport yourself to any place in the world at this moment, where would you go?
Hawaii. Any island.
5. If you could have lived through any war in history (without actually fighting in it), which would it be?
6. If you could eliminate one type of insect permanently from the earth, what would you get rid of?
Right now, I’m not liking flies.
7. If you had to eliminate any single type of animal forever, which would you choose?
The human rat.
8. If you could have an elegant dinner alone with anyone presently alive, whether you know them or not, who would you want it to be?
The Husband, hands down.
9. If you could alter one physical characteristic of your mate, what would it be?
He was born without the sense of smell, so I would wave the wand so that he can smell the roses.
10. If you could change one thing about your childhood, what would it be?
I would learn how to speak, read, and write my parents’ language fluently. I was able to understand them far more than they understood my English. Somehow we got by.
11. If you could have any room in the world become your bedroom, which room would you choose?
The main room, all books included, in the Richmond Branch Library in San Francisco. Yes, indeed, I can see myself living there.
12. If you could alter one thing about your physical appearance, what would it be?
My crooked legs. I had no idea they weren’t straight until I spoke to a specialist over 5 years ago.
13. If you could have stopped aging at any point in your life up to the present, how old would you wish to remain?
Somewhere in my 40s during those first years that the Husband and I were together.
14. If you could suddenly possess an extraordinary talent in one of the arts, what would you like it to be?
15. If you could have permanent possession of any single object in the world, what would you want it to be?