1. Have you ever had a vacation ruined by the weather or did you just work around it?
A change of weather is part of the adventure. My body still recalls the warm happy drenching from a passing rain cloud while waiting for a bus east of Waikiki.
2. What small changes do you feel people could make to give the planet a fighting chance against global warming?
I would've thought after 50 years, we have this down: Plant trees and vegetation; purchase appliances, vehicles, and machinery that are environmentally friendly; conserve natural resources; recycle, reuse, repurpose.
3. Are you adversely affect by the weather, such as SAD? I'm not aware of anything.
4. How is the weather where you are and have you seen drastic changes in it during your life time?
Dry. If it weren't for the coastal weather drifting through a low mountain range, probably 80s would be unbearable. It rained more around here when I was a kid. I think the change in weather is mostly due to human activity. The town was once surrounded by orchards and farms, and the neighborhoods were full of trees. The 1980s saw neighborhoods with manicured lawns replacing the agricultural landscape and increasing number of people driving vans, huge trucks, and SUVs with low mileage per gallon.
5. Do you think we can stop global warming or is it too late?
After seeing how quickly nature came back after our first month of the Stay-in-Place order, yes, I think it's possible to stop global warming.
6. What could you do for an hour or so today that you would really enjoy doing?
Pretty much anything. I'm retired so nearly everything I choose to do will be fun.
7. What could you do for an hour today that might improve your life in the future? Not lift, carry, or move anything heavy, including myself. At least for another week, maybe less.
8. What could you do for an hour today that could strengthen or improve a skill you would like to be able to rely on? Write.
9. What could you do for an hour today that would make your living space more pleasant to live in?
Sort though one or two piles of stuff that's been on the floor, shelf, table, or drawer for several years.
10. What could you do for an hour today that would improve your relationships with loved ones?
Let him finish his thoughts and his sentences. I am getting better.
11. Do you like, dislike, or pay no attention to the wind?
I like listening to the wind, and the sounds it makes as it dances through leaves, and pushes against or flows around obstacles. Weeeeeessssshhhhhhhuuuuuuuuu. . .
12. Do you have allergies or sinus made worse by the wind? So far, no.
13. Have you ever been caught in a big wind (not a hurricane or tornado)? Thankfully not.
14. When was the last time you flew a kite? 20 years or so ago.
15.Would you like to have the power of flight?
To be able to fly without any strings attached, sure. I wouldn't care if it's on my own aircraft, piloted by me or not, or on my own power. Flap, flap, flap. I'd love to see how the landscape looks from overhead.
Are you asking yourself: What's with all the questions about weather? That's the topic this week at Sunday Stealing. I'm late so you know the meme is still open. :-) Mosaic Monday closes in a few hours, but you can check out the other participants anytime.