1. Have you ever had a vacation ruined by the weather or did you just work around it?
A change of weather is part of the adventure. My body still recalls the warm happy drenching from a passing rain cloud while waiting for a bus east of Waikiki.
2. What small changes do you feel people could make to give the planet a fighting chance against global warming?
I would've thought after 50 years, we have this down: Plant trees and vegetation; purchase appliances, vehicles, and machinery that are environmentally friendly; conserve natural resources; recycle, reuse, repurpose.
3. Are you adversely affect by the weather, such as SAD? I'm not aware of anything.
4. How is the weather where you are and have you seen drastic changes in it during your life time?
Dry. If it weren't for the coastal weather drifting through a low mountain range, probably 80s would be unbearable. It rained more around here when I was a kid. I think the change in weather is mostly due to human activity. The town was once surrounded by orchards and farms, and the neighborhoods were full of trees. The 1980s saw neighborhoods with manicured lawns replacing the agricultural landscape and increasing number of people driving vans, huge trucks, and SUVs with low mileage per gallon.
5. Do you think we can stop global warming or is it too late?
After seeing how quickly nature came back after our first month of the Stay-in-Place order, yes, I think it's possible to stop global warming.
6. What could you do for an hour or so today that you would really enjoy doing?
Pretty much anything. I'm retired so nearly everything I choose to do will be fun.
7. What could you do for an hour today that might improve your life in the future? Not lift, carry, or move anything heavy, including myself. At least for another week, maybe less.
8. What could you do for an hour today that could strengthen or improve a skill you would like to be able to rely on? Write.
9. What could you do for an hour today that would make your living space more pleasant to live in?
Sort though one or two piles of stuff that's been on the floor, shelf, table, or drawer for several years.
10. What could you do for an hour today that would improve your relationships with loved ones?
Let him finish his thoughts and his sentences. I am getting better.
11. Do you like, dislike, or pay no attention to the wind?
I like listening to the wind, and the sounds it makes as it dances through leaves, and pushes against or flows around obstacles. Weeeeeessssshhhhhhhuuuuuuuuu. . .
12. Do you have allergies or sinus made worse by the wind? So far, no.
13. Have you ever been caught in a big wind (not a hurricane or tornado)? Thankfully not.
14. When was the last time you flew a kite? 20 years or so ago.
15.Would you like to have the power of flight?
To be able to fly without any strings attached, sure. I wouldn't care if it's on my own aircraft, piloted by me or not, or on my own power. Flap, flap, flap. I'd love to see how the landscape looks from overhead.
Are you asking yourself: What's with all the questions about weather? That's the topic this week at Sunday Stealing. I'm late so you know the meme is still open. :-) Mosaic Monday closes in a few hours, but you can check out the other participants anytime.
I like your answer to #10, because I admit I'm guilty of that one myself.ReplyDelete
I don't think I've interrupted him once since I wrote this post. lolDelete
Su-sieemac - I agree with you that we can stop and reverse global warming. We all need to do our part, including companies of all sizes.ReplyDelete
Now that I am retired, "bad" weather does not affect my mood too much. There is always tomorrow! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!
I forgot about bad weather and driving on freeways and city streets. Oh my gosh, I remember scary moments. Shudder.Delete
Great images! I do get a touch of SAD.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Linda. I was out of control with the barn mosaic. Hmmm, I think I've got a better concept. I'll post next week, if I do.Delete
So many questions! In Finland we have more strong winds even in the summer and I believe it is a sign of global warming. These past two weeks have been very windy & rainy and I don't like it all. For my better future I can move & do my excersise to stay fit and well. Even today I was out in the garden - in the wind for over 2 hours ! Not a nice experience though :))ReplyDelete
It sounds like the wind was playing wild and fancy free out in your garden. You must've been doing something fun out there. I hope so.Delete
I liked your answer to #10!! Made me giggle. Thanks so much for joining in. I really appreciate it.ReplyDelete
Just saying the truth. :-)Delete
If only we could get the corporations on board with the environment rather than fighting tooth and nail against regulations. They'd find they'd be more profitable, and they'd have longer term sustainability with the planet not dying and all. But try telling them that.ReplyDelete
I think the corporations know. They want to suck all the $$$ dry out oil, coal, and other nonrenewable resources. Then they'll turn to the renewable sources to get their $$$.Delete
...you sure have a lot of questions!!!ReplyDelete
It was tough, but I got through them. lolDelete
interesting question and lots of nice answersReplyDelete
Thanks, Carol. :-)Delete
Oh dear, #10 - we're both guilty of that. :) . . . we're good for a while then get worse and worse, so we have a bit of a snap at each other and it's like we hit the reset-button. :)ReplyDelete
I'm glad that it's only me. I don't know if we could've lasted this long if we both did it. Though there are times when we say the same thing at the same time.Delete
Luv your photos and the very interesting way you put yogether your mosaic. Thank you for dropping by my blog. Have a good week. Stay safeReplyDelete
Thanks, Gillena. :-)Delete
Oh 10 hit me hard. I am trying but it is difficult. Great questions and answers.ReplyDelete
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade
Practice make less imperfect. :-)Delete
My missus is guilty of #10 too. I just let her finish interrupting and then repeat myself. "Why are you repeating yourself?" she will ask.. So I tell her. She is improving too.ReplyDelete
"Why are you repeating yourself?" hahahahahaha.Delete
o, dear, you have many questions :) I like what you did with the mosaics.ReplyDelete
For the weather.......I take it as it comes.
Thank you! :-)Delete