Doing research is one of my stronger skills, and something I truly enjoy. Here are 13 questions I looked up recently on the Internet.
1. Will the Saharan Dust cloud reach California? This annual dust storm crosses over the Atlantic Ocean to eventually cover the Southeast.
2. Are venial and mortal sins still a thing in the Catholic Church? Yup.
3. What can I substitute for buttermilk? One tablespoon of lemon juice mixed with enough milk to make one cup.
4. What is the COVID19 count in my county? As of yesterday, July 1, we had 239 confirmed cases. More than two weeks ago, we were hovering around 136 cases. Some people say it's because the county has been testing more. I don't think so.
5. How do I use coffee as a fertilizer? Mix 1 cup of coffee ground in a gallon of water. You can also sprinkle the grounds into the soil around a plant.
6. What kind of lemon tree do we have? Lisbon lemon tree.
7. What's a recipe for a one-layer chocolate cake made with cocoa? I went with this easy-peasy recipe for "One-Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe".
8. Is CBD oil good for atopic dermatitis? Experts say yes.
9. What's happening when I see a shimmering light that grows to eyeball size? It's called ocular migraine, a condition in which you don't feel any headache.
10. Why does a cat keep changing where she sleeps? It's a behavior trait passed on to all cats, say the experts. In the wild, a cat changes locations so that predators don't pick up their scent.
11. What different things can you make with fresh cherries? Pickled cherries! It's an acquired taste that I'm not at yet.
12. Didn't President William McKinley die in office? He was assassinated six months into his second term by Leon Czolgosz who thought McKinley ran a corrupt government and was an enemy of the working people.
13. What does INFP stand for? Introversion, intuition, feeling, perception which describe the Mediator personality, one of 16 types identified by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, a personality inventory. Supposedly, only a small percentage of people are INFP.
To read lists by other bloggers for Thursday 13, click here. Take care out there!
Hello, Love your sweet kitty photos. The lemons look good, time for some lemonade.ReplyDelete
I have saved that chocolate cake recipe, sounds yummy. The irises are pretty. Interesting to see what can happen to a president who is corrupt and enemy of the people, what happens to all the enablers and puppeteers. Take care, stay well. Have a great day!.
Hope you like the recipe, Eileen. I used whole wheat flour so mine came out grainy, still delicious. On my fourth slice I figured out it was the kind of flour. Next time, I'll use unbleached white, then try again with gluten free flour. Ah, don't get me started. :-)Delete
I guess we could all change our seats more often . I am an IN-thinker.ReplyDelete
which we have privy too by reading your poems, Colleen.Delete
I got three ocular migraines last week... dh read it can be triggered by stressReplyDelete
what a fine list Susie!
I'm wondering if mine will go away after I have the second cataract surgery. The shimmering light doesn't get as big and bright as it did before I had two nonsightly eyes.Delete
out of this world photos so enjoyableReplyDelete
Great stuff to research...I'm always looking for something on the
internet...it sometimes amazes me that all the "stuff" is out
there...have a great day!
Gosh, the amount of accessible data grows each year, which also makes it more difficult and longer to wade through. That's the thrill of the hunt! :-)Delete
Intriguing questions. I'm an INTP. Seems to fit. I am going to go check out that chocolate cake recipe!ReplyDelete
Hail fellow well met!Delete
Unfortunately my ocular migraines come with planet-busting headaches ... I didn't know there was the other sort. You learn something every day! :)ReplyDelete
The other day I had a migraine without the light show. I'd rather take the few minutes of shimmering light. Neither is best.Delete
I still don't get the Myers-Briggs thing. One of these days I might read up on it so I understand, but not likely.ReplyDelete
I've been watching all the repeats of Good Eats on the Cooking Channel recently. I've seen episodes which touch on your cake question (well, like 3 episodes) and your buttermilk question. Actually, I think there was a cherry episode... It might have been a different fruit, but cherry could be used instead.
Long ago and far away I read about the inventory but none of it sticked. I liked doing the quizzes in magazines, too.Delete
I get a kick watching Alton Brown preside in the kitchen regardless of the role he plays.
I love the photos of Molly, especially the first one, and the iris picture is just beautiful :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Eunice. I discovered this week that Molly snacks on the bean leaves when she goes outside before breakfast.Delete
You researched a good variety of topics. I might give that chocolate cake a try.ReplyDelete
Nearly every day. No time for the curious, I think some say. :-)Delete