LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color suggested I give Sunday Stealing a try. It's a weekly meme, hosted by Bev Sykes, that comes up with a different list of fun questions, from elsewhere on the Internet, every Sunday. I think of it as answering surveys in magazines, once upon a time.
So, here I go with this week's questions.
1. If you could be a Muppet, which would you be?
The Muppets came along when I wasn't watching TV, but I did get hooked on the Muppet Babies. Among the babies, I would be Skeeter. She didn't get much play on the show, but from what I saw, the girl had a lot of gumption and moxie.
2. Why is a chicken crossing the road in the first place?
To see how a cow is out standing in its field.
3. What's your favorite muscle?
Heart or brain? Brain or heart? Without the heart pumping away, the brain can't live so I'll go with the heart.
4. Cheerios or Rice Krispies?
Snap, crackle, pop, please.
5. Is summer ever going to get here?
Summer appeared in mid May for us. Maybe sooner, it's hard to recall. My short-term memory cells like to play games with me.
6. Have you ever had a utility turned off by mistake or some other reason besides weather or nonpayment?
The rumble tumble of Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989 in San Francisco turned off things in our building for a short while. We were lucky.
7. What was your "last day" of something?
Today, I used up all of the olive oil and walnut oil. It's a good thing I'm grocery shopping this week.
8. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which one would you choose?
The reality show Survivor. To be trapped a month would mean that I'm on the jury or still in the running to win. That works for me.
9. Did you have any type of class trip, band trip, etc in high school? Where did you go, what did you do?
At my high school, back then, the senior class had an official Senior Sneak Day when any senior who had the proper permission slip boarded a school bus bound for a day at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz. A friend and I rented bicycles and pedaled all the way up a pretty steep hill to visit what was then the new university.
10. Do your feet smell?
Nope, but they do they get dirty a lot from wearing crocs with no socks while working in the yard.
11. Do you know how to french braid?
I wish. Most days I wear a basic braid. Sometimes I can go two or three days before re-doing it. Is it TMI to say that I can go nearly 2 weeks without washing my hair when I have it in a braid?
12. Two guys are walking down the street. One drops his hat and reaches down to pick it up, the other kicks him in the ass. Do you laugh?
I'd more likely stop and look in disbelief and then respond in some way. I doubt I'd laugh that may come years later when I'm telling the story. Maybe.
13. You wake up one morning and dogs are meowing and cats are barking - what are fish, elephants and crocodiles doing?
The fish croon a lullaby and the crocodiles sing in 4-part harmony while the elephants pantomime "Morning Has Broken" by Cat Stevens followed by his other song "House at Pooh Corner".
14. You are going to your high school reunion. What award are you going to win?
If it's for the usual who came the furthest, who has the most great-grandchildren, and so forth, I'd win nothing. My 50th is next year. I think about not going since I've been to nearly all the others, and helped plan the last four. More than likely I will go, if all's clear. Maybe.
15. You find yourself stranded on a deserted island. Soon you find a laptop with a lifelong battery & internet connection, then you find a cave with an endless supply of food and a spring of fresh water. A cruise ship comes along to save you - do you get on it?
Yes. I'm going back to the island, hopefully with the Husband and Molly the Cat.
16. How many shortcuts do you have on your desktop?
Not knowing how many I have is fine with me.
17. I offer you a pie... the most delicious pie you have ever seen. You either have to eat the entire thing in one sitting or allow me to slam it into your face, which do you choose?
May I have coffee with the pie, please.
18. Are you a pen stealer?
These days, it's more like a pen forgetter. I don't know many times have I reached into my purse for a pen, zilch!
19. A dude from China comes up and offers you German chocolate cake, French fries and a Boston cream pie... what color is your car?
20. Sometimes you just have to tap your foot to your favorite song - which tv series season finale are you watching?
The Facts of Life.
Are you now itching to answer the questions? Head over to Sunday Stealing. And, to check out photo mosaics by other bloggers, click over to Mosaic Monday, hosted by Angie of Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.
One more thing: Today the Husband started his first day of a new adventure tripping around the sun. He's a sweetheart, the Mister is. How'd I ever get so lucky?