1. On Sunday, I came away from the antique fair in Moss Landing with eight yards of the above fabric. It was $3/yard, a bargain I could not resist, especially when it's such a cool print. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all that material. Any suggestions?
2. In case some of you are wondering, the huge pile of fabric strips (scroll to xiii) that I cut several weeks ago are still sitting on the bed in L Studio. Molly the Cat seems to enjoy sleeping on top of them.
3. Carol of Comfort Spring nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you very much, Carol!
As part of receiving the award, I'm to answer Carol's 11 questions. Here's the first one: How did you begin blogging?
I wanted to hear my voice again -- the storyteller, not the writer of educational and reference materials -- so I decided to publish a blog about my hometown, Hollister, California. It became more like a travel blog, which was something else I wanted to try. Since I wanted to write personal stories, I started this second blog that I've renamed five times.
4. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
I don't have a favorite topic. I could go on and on about Molly the Cat, but she doesn't care for that too much.
5. What are your top 3 favorite foods?
Fried chicken (the way Daddy cooked it), bittermelon soup (how Mama cooked it), and ice cream.
6. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
I have a temper.
7. What is your goal for your blog in the next few years?
I have no goals at the moment.
8. If you could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be?
A box of pencils, a Swiss army knife, flint, a good amount of climbing rope, and a mixed bag of grain and vegetable seeds.
9. What's one thing you can't live without?
10. What is your favorite season and why?
I like each and every season.
11. Where is your special place?
Snorkeling off the shores of the Hawaiian islands
12. If you could have dinner with any one person—alive or dead—who would it be?
The Husband and I were talking about this subject the other day. His choice was President Barack Obama. Mine was Bill Nighy, because we share the same birthday.
13. What is your favorite place in the world?
Anywhere that I'm with the Husband and Molly the Cat. It would be particularly nice if that place was anywhere in Hawaii.
There you have it, a bit of dishing about me. :-)
Now, I'm off to visit participants at ABC Wednesday and Thursday 13. Come join me.