1. Pop! went the left lens of my eyeglasses. So much lighter with just one lens. And, when I perch the frame on my nose just so, and hold my head just so, everything straight ahead is clear and in focus.
2. It was one week ago that steady-handed Dr. Eye made that slit in my eyeball, extracted the cataract, and implanted a brand new artificial lens. Hmmmm. What if the science fiction stories about implanting chips into unknowing people were true? Shudder.
3. Purrrrrrrrrr. "It's only your imagination," says Molly the (wild) Cat.
4. Yesterday, the Husband drove me to the library. I don't want to drive until I have full vision in both eyes again. That may be May. Was that a sigh I heard?
5. "I'll take that." The Husband carried my bag of books from the house to the car, then from the car to the library counter, and vice-versa. I'm not supposed to handle anything over 10 pounds for a while. Jiggity-jig.
6. I'm not allowed to bend, such as in to touch my toes (as if I would want to), for another week.
7. Fortunately for me, we still have Mama's grabber-reacher thingy, which I've gotten good at using. What I can't pick up, the Husband does.
8. Yesterday, at the library, I was reminded how clumsy I can be. While browsing the New Books shelves, I dropped not one, not two, but three—yes three!— books. One at a time, several minutes apart.
9. You guessed who came back around the bookshelf each time to pick up a book.
10. The Husband did ask me much later if I was one of those girls who dropped her handkerchief for some guy to pick it up for her. Hahahahaha was my reply.
11. A handsome, chivalrous, and loving dude is the Husband.
12. It has been garden weather this past week. I've been imagining where to put our vegetable container garden. I may have to downsize my dreaming. Someone mentioned the dreaded word "drought".
13. Fewer flowers, too, perhaps. That would be fine. I can always (satisfying smile) fill in the background with temporary art installations. Here's one that's a work in progress.
I'm heading over to these weekly memes. Come along to Thursday Thirteen and I Like Thursday.