|Check out other A to Z Challenge |
participants by clicking here.
". . .We have no bananas. We have no bananas today. . . ."
I like that song a lot. It was written for a Broadway revue in 1922 and became a hit the following year for Eddie Cantor, according to Wikipedia. I first heard it in an old-time cartoon that I saw on TV when I was a kid. I love those cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s. They introduced me to old ditties such as "Yes! We have no bananas." and "Mairzy Doats and Dozey Doats" as well as classical and jazz music. Today, cartoons will flash through my mind when I suddenly hear certain classical or jazz songs.
So, here we are—the letter "Y". Tomorrow, Zeee. The next day, zzzzzzzz! on the blog. Just kidding. Maybe.
As I'm writing this post, I hear in the near distance the sound of seals barking. Yawp, yawp, yawp! But, here's the thing. I live about 25 miles from the ocean, if I was a crow.
Halfway through the A to Z Blogging Challenge, Rhonda at Dizzy Stir nominated me for the Liebster Award, which I happily accepted. Here's the link about the award and who I nominated in turn. One of the tasks for accepting the award was to think up 11 questions to ask my nominees. It's only fair that I answer my own questions. Yep, it is. So, now I shall.
- What was the fifth fun trip that you have taken?
A cross-country trip during the summer of 1975. Once college finals were done, a girlfriend and I hopped into my lovely little yellow box of a car and drove from San Francisco to New York and back again. We were on the road for about two months. My only regret is that I didn't take photos. I was working with little more than $250 in cash. Thank goodness, the Daddy let me use his gas card.
- Name one children's book that you think all adults ought to read and take to heart.
"When We Were Very Young" by A. A. Milne
- What do you think is one of the worse movies or TV shows ever made?
Brady Bunch, but, yet, I watched it.
- What fairy tale character do you identify with the most?
Fiona, the wife of Shrek.
- What actor would you want to portray you in a movie about your life?
- Imagine you've just finished writing a book. What's the title?
So, You Think You Want to Have a Cat
- What do you like the most about blogging?
Being able to write about anything I feel like writing.
- What has been the most delicious food or dish you've ever eaten?
Fried chicken cooked by the Daddy.
- When you were a kid, what age did you think was really old?
One hundred! What did I know.
- Which would you rather be: a dictator, a DMV clerk, or a miner?
A miner who owns the mine. Once I've struck gold or whatever it is I'm mining, that's it for me.
- When was the last time you stopped and smelled the roses?
Saturday. I was carrying Molly the Cat and as we passed by some of the Mama's roses, Molly told me to stop. She put her nose up to the roses and took a whiff. I did, too.
- Eunice at A Tent, A Caravan, 4 Wheels and Me
- Courtney at Maui Jungalow
- Csenge Zalka at The Multicolored Diary
- Helen Jameson at Scribble Girl
- Kate O'Mara at When Kate Blogs
- Luana Krause at Skating Buffalo
- M at QRSTUV
- Marjorie at Don't Call Me Marge
- Maggid at Jubilee Street
- Suz at Suzi's Ice Box Art!
- Trisha Faye at Binkey and Bubblegum Books and at Calico Connections
Yes! We have no bananas!!! Brilliant.ReplyDelete
Many of those fun, crazy songs float through my mind - and out my mouth - with enthusiasm . . Do you know about Spike Jones & the City Slickers???
They were absolute crazy fun . . .
Thank you for the award.
Love & Love,
Both songs I know; made me smile. One more day. Yeah!ReplyDelete
I think my exposure to the 'No Bananas' song might've started with a cartoon too!ReplyDelete