(1) Be forewarned, I'm talking a lot about Sing in this Thursday 13 post. Sing is my titanium and plastic left knee joint. Yep, by golly, I am anthropomorphising (what a long word!) my artificial joint. Sing a song of sixpence. . . .
(3) I’m now up to 20 minutes of steady heel-toe, heel-toe around the neighborhood with a walking stick, no less. Knee-haw! There’s definitely a difference in my gait with Sing taking the lead. I feel like I’m walking stronger and surer. My right knee joint isn’t protesting too much, thank goodness.
(4) Spoiler alert: My future artificial right knee joint will be called Song. Hence, one day in the near future, with Sing and Song, I shall be hiking through meadows, crossing creeks, and climbing mountain trails. Ahhh. Delightful.
(5) Another milestone: I drove Sally Forth today. After our walk, the Husband and I jumped into the car for me to give her a whirl. I don’t know why I thought I’d have trouble driving. After six weeks of being driver, the Husband was quite happy sitting in the passenger’s seat checking out the sights.
(6) How can I forget to mention that I moved upstairs to our bedroom this week, along with the walker and toilet riser retired to storage. Yipppieee!
(7) Bzzzzz, bzzzzz, bzzzzzz sayeth the bees in the front yard. Most are slurping on blue rosemary blossoms, white jade flowers, and white blossoms on the ornamental pear tree. Bzzzz, bzzzz, bzzzz. Would it really be nice if they built a beehive in the tree? Neighbors probably wouldn’t like it.
(8) I’m not totally like Mama was, but the inklings are there. For instance, me wait for Spring to work in the garden. Bah, humbug. When I’m moving about, I don’t feel the cold.
(9) Isn’t my quilted mug coaster cute? It’s a gift from blogging friend LeeAnna, Not Afraid of Color. Several days before I received it, I was thinking how fun it would be to have mug coasters, just because. Then, voilà! A mindreading artist is LeeAnna. ❤️
(10) For this week’s “I Like Thursday,” LeeAnna asked participants what our favorite colors are, how we use the colors, and how our color choices have changed over time, among other lines of thought. So, let me think about this.
(11) Word association game time. I’ve listed the colors that have shown up in my life. Pink, happy, love. Red, safe, strong, love. Yellow, stable, consistent, love. Brown, love, giving, resilience. Green, fun, festive, love. Blue, adventure, inner strength, love. Purple, sensual, depth, thinking, love. Orange, out-of-the-box, bold, joyful, love.