In my mind, I'm five years old having a high old time wandering and wondering. In reality, I'm now in my late 60s, wowza! I tell you a lot of creativity is still to be found in this old young self. In you, too, whatever your age. Welcome to my barefoot world!
Search This Blog
Oh, my gosh, did I have fun shopping last Saturday morning! Good pal L and I stopped in at the thrift store, which was having a half-off everything except for the jewelry, and two garage sales. I scored, I tell you, like a bandit. The photo shows some of the stuff I’ll be reusing, repurposing, and enjoying.
All together, I bought:
(1) Five picture frames, of which one is a framed bulletin board
(2) Two silk scarves and a pair of black shorts
(3) Two paperbacks and the Pride and Prejudice DVD with Colin Firth playing Mr. Darcy
(4) Seven or (or is it eight?) metal racks of assorted types and sizes
(5) Fabric scraps, including a yard or so of felt in gorgeous peacock blue
(6) A 6.5-inch tall ceramic mug with blue flowers
(7) A basket that looks like a picnic basket Yogi Bear and Boo Boo might steal
(8) A long two tier candleholder centerpiece, which may become a planter for succulents
(9). An old pasta drying rack (that will probably never be used for its intended purpose; I liked to box it came in)
(10) Two new zippered pouches and a mini credit-card size wallet
(11) Two sets of yellow chopsticks, two humongous old-fashioned clothes pins, a package of blue buttons, and a tiny package of tiny puffy red hearts
(12) A Jonathan Winters album—why, you ask? Okay, I ask? We have no record player. It was free.
(13) An old hard suitcase, from the 1940s or 1950s, which kept calling out to me, no matter where I was on that driveway!
And, I got all my wonderful treasures for a grand total of $28 and some cents. Yi-haw!