(1) This morning we walked around the block. Definitely a big deal for me who haven’t done much walking. I’ve been getting my exercise playing in the garden, hauling, digging, bending, reaching, pulling, and so forth and so on. I also got a good workout vacuuming the stairs last week. There’s nothing like stretching my legs though. Best of all, my knees didn’t pop and cough until I took my shoes off, thank you very much. Yeah, I’m still waiting for my turn with the knee surgeon.
(2) Other than in my head, I haven’t felt much like writing. Thus, my latest absence.
(3) It took me awhile to start letting go about feeling guilty for not writing, which I’ve been doing for fun and for a living most of my life. The latter, unnecessary for the present, thankfully. I’m rambling.
(4) Once upon a time, one of my high school teachers told me I could never be a writer because I ramble too much. She, with her bra strap constantly peeking out of her sleeveless blouse. The wise one also discouraged a classmate from being a buyer because her vocational test scores showed she didn’t have it in her. The worse sin, that teacher told another classmate that her high IQ didn’t count because English was her second language.
(5) So, where was I? Anywhere?
For Gillena’s Art for Fun Friday at Lunch Break
(6) The past few weeks I’ve been stringing beads and prisms to create rainbow makers. I love sitting among dancing rainbows. Who wouldn’t?
(7) Two weeks ago, I lucked out at a garage sale and bought me a whole bunch of gorgeous beaded necklaces. Destringing (Unstringing?) the necklaces and grouping the beads by color was rather relaxing. I finally found a purpose for the 12-cup muffin pan that has been sitting in the cupboard for years.
(8) I’ve also been experimenting with pour paint on tiles and rocks, using utensils and Molly’s combs to help the paints along. I haven’t the patience to let the paints do their thing by themselves. Besides, all that paint dripping off, such a waste.
(9) For the Poets and Storytellers United’s Friday Writing. Prompt: lists
White nationalists. Which Whites will they allow to be? All European whites, including those they consider having odd names and speaking in foreign accents and strange sounding languages? The fair-skinned Asians, Africans, Hispanics, and Native Americans? Or, only the Whites who hang with them?
(10) The other day I hacked off my hair. Snip, snip.
(11) According to Ancestry.com, my score for risk taking is above average, more than 80% of whatever population they are looking at. I suppose cutting my own hair is an example of me being a risk taker. Could also be that I’m cheap. Chirp, chirp.
(12) In July, the Husband and I applied for our passports. We may not ever go anywhere, but the idea that we can has me all pumped up. I’m wondering if we may have to take our photos over because we’re smiling. What do you say?
(13) That’s it for me. Along with Art for Fun Friday and Friday Writing , I’m sharing with Thursday 13. Now, I must go figure what to do for lunch. Big hugs, One and All! ❤️