1. We went into a mandatory Stay-Home-People! on March 18, under the order of the county public health head honcho. The next day, Governor Newsom decreed it for all of California.
2. Does shelter-in-place work?
3. California's population is nearly 40 million. The total of COVID-19 cases as of April 1, 2020, were 8,155 with 171 deaths. The count for our county was 23 confirmed cases, ten recoveries, hurrah! Alas, one death.
4. I'm glad we have pro-active leaders at the local and state levels.
5. A neighbor sneezed loudly and profusely in his backyard. Could his droplets make its way up and through our hallway window upstairs? I hope he's healthy.
6. While working in the front yard yesterday morning, I felt a very tiny drop fall on my face. It wasn't raining nor was it foggy. Hopefully that liquid was only morning dew.
7. I've been experimenting a lot in the kitchen. That's a good thing.
8. The other day I made flour tortillas, using smushed lentils and sesame seeds in place of shortening. Delicious! Thanks much to good friend Missus H for sharing her mom's recipe with me.
9. And then there was the day I made wonton chips. Easy peasy. I sprinkled garlic powder on wonton wrappers and baked them for a few minutes.
10. This morning I baked biscuits with olive oil and sour cream. The latter made the biscuits fluffy. The Husband was on his second one by the time I sat down for breakfast.
11. Once upon a time I listened to a professor lecture about the five rings of health. I recall physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. My brain blinked when he talked about the fifth ring. Was it umami?
12. Yesterday marked four years that Mama's Spirit soared into the Universe.
13. The shelter-in-place order has been extended to May 3, 2020. Stay strong and healthy, Everyone!
I'm heading over to Thursday 13. Come join me.