1. Aren't those avocados gorgeous? Handsome? Ooh-la-la?
2. The middle one in the front was picked about two weeks ago. It didn't seem right to take a photo without it. They are from the same tree, after all.
3. This morning, the Husband and I went out to the avocado tree expecting to pick the last one of the season. The tree graced us with four HUGE fruits. Thank you, tree.
4. "They're as big as the ones that grow in Hawaii," said the Husband. Not really, but we can dream.
5. We saw another avocado hanging way up in the tree. Perhaps that's the last one of the season.
6. A couple days ago, our county public health officer called for a shelter-in-place until April 7. We're required to stay home unless we work for stores, companies, services, and government agencies that are necessary to stay open for the community. We can leave our houses to shop for food, see doctors, pick up prescriptions, and do other essential things. We can also go out for walks to get exercise.
7. The Husband I went out yesterday to do essential errands, including buying food for Missy Molly. We're good for a couple of weeks or so. Maybe by then, more people will have relaxed enough to shop normally again.
8. This is good news: According to NBC News, China reported no new coronavirus cases today. May this become a trend.
9. A few weeks before my cataract surgery last month, I started cooking extra portions to freeze so that the Husband only had to microwave stuff for us while I was healing. It turned out it wasn't necessary, but it certainly has come in handy for the days I didn't feel like cooking.
10. Mama always said that if you're going to cook, you might as well cook a lot. Of course she had a freezer to store it all.
11. Lucky for us, we inherited the freezer.
12. After I publish this post, the plan is to make pizza. I'll go pound the dough another time, wash arugula, caramelize onions, slice linguisa, and mince garlic, then put them all together for a pizza.
13. Yes, I made extra dough. Two portions will go into the freezer for future pizza, rolls, or whatever else inspiration may suggest. Whooo-hooo!
Be well and stay safe. You know the drill.
This was my Thursday 13. Click here to check out other bloggers.
That is great news out of China. Hopefully we'll get there too, eventually. I'm sure it'll be a while, though.ReplyDelete
I read today that the growth rate in Italy is decreasing.. We'll get through this, Liz. I'm hoping for the best when we do. Take care.Delete
Oh your avocados are gorgeous. Enjoy your time social distancing and stay healthy.ReplyDelete
It'll take several days before they ripen. It's great to be able to grow your own food, especially In times like these, Take care.Delete
LOL. A freezer is an awesome thing! I whole heartedly agree with #7!ReplyDelete
Yup, especially when you keep an inventory of its contents. A future post methinks. :-) Take care.Delete
Nice looking avocadosReplyDelete
Hey Dora! You have good eyes. :-) Take care.Delete
Hello, I will look forward to the shopping becoming normal. We didn't need TP but they were sold out of garlic, which I wanted for a recipe. The avocados look great. I love your sky shot and the tree. Your pizza sounds yummy. Take care and enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Eileen! The pizza was one of the best I've made yet -- I subbed caramelized onions, which the Husband cooked for me, for cheese. Didn't miss the cheese at all. Take care.Delete
Your avocados look so good and I bet they taste delicious. My hubby made some food as well but still have to go out and get things. I hope we can find everything.ReplyDelete
Hi Birgit, hope you were able to find everything. I dread the time we'll need to go to the grocery store. More likely at the end of the week. Wish us luck. Take care.Delete
Love the sunset photo, it's gorgeous :)ReplyDelete
Thanks, Eunice. :-) Take care.Delete
I saw the China report earlier today, it is a good sign.ReplyDelete
And, Korea, too. Yeah, positive movement. Take care, Adam.Delete
We're all in the same boat, only we don't have avocados!ReplyDelete
Oooh, a boat from the scooped out avocado shell. :-) Take care.Delete
The three of you have a wonderful backyard to 'shelter at home' in. :)ReplyDelete
We're making sure we wander around in the yard everyday, even if it's for a few minutes. Molly has a way of shepherding us out the door. Take care up there.Delete
WIll do. :)Delete
Those avocados look amazing. Avocado toast? Guacamole? Just sliced by itself? Yum..... whatever you do, I wish I was eating it! I always love your 13s ... either they sound like something I’d do (or have done) or they sound like something I wish I could do... so, inspiration. The one where you said “luckily we inherited the freezer” made me laugh out loud, after what you said just before that one.ReplyDelete
Yesterday I made a blueberry avocado smoothie for us. It was definitely smooth. I tried an avocado egg nest recipe once, which is similar to egg in the hole. The avocado nest was okay. My new experiment is freezing avocado. I'll take it out tomorrow. Hope it works. I never knew I'd be happy owning a freezer. Mama continues to look after us. Sweet woman. Take care, Sallie.Delete