1. Aren't those avocados gorgeous? Handsome? Ooh-la-la?
2. The middle one in the front was picked about two weeks ago. It didn't seem right to take a photo without it. They are from the same tree, after all.
3. This morning, the Husband and I went out to the avocado tree expecting to pick the last one of the season. The tree graced us with four HUGE fruits. Thank you, tree.
4. "They're as big as the ones that grow in Hawaii," said the Husband. Not really, but we can dream.
5. We saw another avocado hanging way up in the tree. Perhaps that's the last one of the season.
6. A couple days ago, our county public health officer called for a shelter-in-place until April 7. We're required to stay home unless we work for stores, companies, services, and government agencies that are necessary to stay open for the community. We can leave our houses to shop for food, see doctors, pick up prescriptions, and do other essential things. We can also go out for walks to get exercise.
7. The Husband I went out yesterday to do essential errands, including buying food for Missy Molly. We're good for a couple of weeks or so. Maybe by then, more people will have relaxed enough to shop normally again.
8. This is good news: According to NBC News, China reported no new coronavirus cases today. May this become a trend.
9. A few weeks before my cataract surgery last month, I started cooking extra portions to freeze so that the Husband only had to microwave stuff for us while I was healing. It turned out it wasn't necessary, but it certainly has come in handy for the days I didn't feel like cooking.
10. Mama always said that if you're going to cook, you might as well cook a lot. Of course she had a freezer to store it all.
11. Lucky for us, we inherited the freezer.
12. After I publish this post, the plan is to make pizza. I'll go pound the dough another time, wash arugula, caramelize onions, slice linguisa, and mince garlic, then put them all together for a pizza.
13. Yes, I made extra dough. Two portions will go into the freezer for future pizza, rolls, or whatever else inspiration may suggest. Whooo-hooo!
Be well and stay safe. You know the drill.
This was my Thursday 13. Click here to check out other bloggers.