I have more like 200+ things on my desk if I were to count individual papers and photographs. My desk was originally a kitchen table, which means chaos rules. Though I think it's relatively neat at the moment.
Okay, five things that are on my desk.
- Two seeds—an apricot pit and a lemon seed from fruit in our backyard. Well, there aren't any more apricots. The Mama, the Husband, and I happily ate them all. Molly the Cat turned her nose to them.
- A brown rubber lizard. I got it and several of its siblings more than 30 years ago. I gave the siblings away as trick gifts. Yes, I've scared people with the lizard. It doesn't have a name. I wonder if it would like to be called Buddy.
- My address book that fits neatly in my purse, if I remember to bring it.
- A paperweight that has a dandelion inside it. The Father-in-law gifted it to me long ago.
- Recipes for soft gingerbread cookies, lemon-poppy seed quick bread, and a friend's mom's recipe for Spanish rice.
P.S. It's just past midnight and still 72 degrees. I'm listening to a chorus of crickets. It's rather delightful.