Rhonda at Dizzy Stir nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is making the rounds to participants in the April 2013 Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Thank you, Rhonda! Like all blogging awards, the Liebster is a way to get readers to discover and explore other blogs that may interest them. So, I truly appreciate your nomination, Dizzy Stir.
The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award has been around since 2010, and over the years the requirements have changed. That's to be expected. If you're interested in its origin, check out this link.
These are today's "rules" for accepting the award. I say "rules" because no one is required nor obligated to do any or all of the following steps to accept the award.
- Post the award on her/his blog.
- Thank the nominator and link back to his or her blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself that the nominator has asked.
- Nominate 11 fellow bloggers participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Make up 11 original questions for your nominees to answer.
11 random facts about Me
- I get my left and right confused a lot. Sometimes I raise the hand with which I write to figure my directions. It doesn't always work. The Husband will tell you so.
- I have a pink beach cruiser of a bicycle that I want to paint either yellow, forest green, orange, or red....hmmm, all those colors together sound nice.
- Once upon a time, Cu'Pie, a yellow parakeet, flew into our backyard and our hearts. That little guy was such a talker. Here's a story about him.
- I started wearing glasses in 5th grade. Before I got them, I thought seeing things in a blur was normal.
- I read Jane Eyre for the first time last year. It kicked Pride and Prejudice off the top of my list of favorite books, which had been there for decades.
- When I lived in San Francisco, I tootled around the city on a red scooter.
- I was in my late 20s before I understood how percents and ratios worked. And that was only because I wrote and edited math books for special needs kids.
- Sometimes I come across things in nature that I like to imagine could be portals into other dimensions.
- I think puns are fun.
- I was a gypsy for Halloween in first grade.
- The skinniest parts of my body are my knees. They no longer have any padding.
- How many hours a day do you spend writing?
Anywhere from 6 to 12 hours.
- Who do you have to critique and/or edit your work?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Being a couch potato.
did you start blogging?
To find my writing voice again. After years of writing reference and educational materials, I no longer had an idea of what my non non-fiction voice sounded like.
- What is your most popular blog post?
do you want written on your tombstone?
She made it into the Library of Congress. Or: Get over yourself already.
- What are some of your favorite books to read? (I’m graciously not limiting this to one.) Mysteries, children books, and cookbooks.
- If you could have any one super-power, what
would it be?
A super-power that brings on and maintains world peace. (Yeah, I've been influenced by the beauty queens.)
- If you could be invisible for a day, would you use your invisibility for evil or good? Good, but that's from my point of view.
- What would your “last supper” consist of?
Fried chicken, rice, boiled bittermelon leaves, sliced tomatoes and green onion, Hawaiian-style macaroni salad, and lemon chiffon cake.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
Currently at the top of the list are arrogant and selfish drivers.
The following bloggers are all participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge this year. I hope, dear readers, whether or not your part of the A to Z, you'll go check out these bloggers.
- Eunice at A Tent, A Caravan, 4 Wheels and Me
- Courtney at Maui Jungalow
- Csenge Zalka at The Multicolored Diary
- Helen Jameson at Scribble Girl
- Kate O'Mara at When Kate Blogs
- Luana Krause at Skating Buffalo
- M at QRSTUV
- Marjorie at Don't Call Me Marge
- Maggid at Jubilee Street
- Suz at Suzi's Ice Box Art!
- Trisha Faye at Binkey and Bubblegum Books and at Calico Connections
- What was the fifth fun trip that you have taken?
- Name one children's book that you think all adults ought to read and take to heart.
- What do you think is one of the worse movies or TV shows ever made?
- What fairy tale character do you identify with the most?
- What actor would you want to portray you in a movie about your life?
- Imagine you've just finished writing a book. What's the title?
- What do you like the most about blogging?
- What has been the most delicious food or dish you've ever eaten?
- When you were a kid, what age did you think was really old?
- Which would you rather be: a dictator, a DMV clerk, or a miner?
- When was the last time you stopped and smelled the roses?