I created this biscuit recipe a couple months ago. The biscuits were dense and deelish. The hubby thought they were sweet. Mama ate her biscuit as her dessert.
Before I get to my recipe, you ought to know that I’m not a purist. Nor am I precise about things, unless I need and/or want to. In other words, I measure by intuition. Sometimes my dishes are just yummy divine. Sometimes not. Fortunately, that's not too often. Huh?
About 1/2 to 3/4 cup mashed roasted sweet potatoHOW TO MAKE 'EM
4 to 5 roasted garlic cloves
2 cups gluten-free flour
A slight palm full of baking powder
2 heaping teaspoons (regular spoons) bacon fat
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Mash the sweet potato and garlic together. Beat in egg to mix.
- Combine dry ingredients. Then, cut in bacon fat until the mixture is size of rice grains.
- Mix in wet ingredients. Add enough yogurt(about 3 to 4 teaspoons)to create a biscuit dough.
- Spoon out biscuits (as big or small as you want) onto an iron fry pan. If you snuggle them, they'll come out soft and fluffy.
- Bake until golden brown about 20 minutes. More or less, depending on size of biscuits.